Skip to main content

The crisis rocking the House of Representatives over alleged budget padding seems to have taken a new dimension










Abdulmumin Jubrin has on Thursday, July 28, 2018 accused Speaker Yakubu Dogara of harassing staff of the appropriation secretariat.
Jubrin said Dogara ordered the shutdown and movement of all computers from the appropriation secretariat to the speakers' office.
"The secretariat staff are being harassed to keep quite and suppress facts," Jibrin said.
"There has also been an attempt to break into my office at the House. I know he wants to tamper with documents critical to his and the 3 others future investigation and prosecution but unfortunately for him we already have enough evidence in our possession.
"I know he wants to tamper with documents critical to his and the 3 others future investigation and prosecution but unfortunately for him we already have enough evidence in our possession.
Jibrin said he has compiled a list of "corrupt members" which he will be submitting to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
He stated that the Transparency Group was constituted to "cleanse the House" of corruption and corrupt members.
"Five members of the Gombe caucus addressed the press today in a show of shame and succeeded in only rehearsing the accusation of lies levelled against me by speaker Dogara. Two of them are part of the list of corrupt members I will be submitting to the EFCC.
"My response to them is they should simply read my full reply released yesterday and join the transparency group. An alliance of hundreds of members to cleanse the House of corruption and corrupt members. They act honourably by calling on Speaker Dogara to listen to the call of Nigerians to reconvene the house immediately so that an independent investigation can commence," he said.
He called on Speaker Dogara to reconvene the House immediately so as to allow for independent investigation into the matter.
Meanwhile, Speaker Dogara yesterday ordered Jibrin to retract all allegations against him or face legal battles.


Join our BBM channel for instant updates : C0030863D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alert: Naira Gains A Massive 5% Against the Dollar

The exchange rate rebounded on Friday to close at N308 at the official interbank market. The local currency gained about 5.2% reversing the N325 it closed with on Thursday. According to reports, the gains was mostly due to a sale of forex by the Central Bank of Nigeria providing enough liquidity to meet the demand currently in the market. The naira has closed at an all time low of N364 to the dollar on Thursday following a surge in demand. The central bank has been selling dollars almost daily to boost liquidity and support the naira. Join our BBM channel for instant updates : C0030863D

Collapsed banks in Ghana recovered only $142 million out of $2 billion loans, Bank of Ghana Governor reveals.

The Governor of the Bank of Ghana, Dr Ernest Addison says out of the $2 billion (GHS10.1 billion) worth of loans taken by the receivers of some nine banks which collapsed in the country, only $142 million (GHS731 million) has been received. The Governor of the Bank of Ghana (BoG), Dr Ernest Addison The nine banks were UT Bank, Capital Bank, Sovereign, Unibank, Construction Bank, The Royal Bank, Heritage Bank, Premium Bank and Beige Bank. According to him, the receivership process has been painstakingly slow with other loan defaulters and shareholders of the defunct banks engaging in frivolous legal cases to sabotage the process. “The process has progressed slowly as out of the total loans of $2 billion (GH¢10.1 billion) taken over by the Receivers, total recoveries so far is in excess of $142 million (GH₵ 731 million) and this has been achieved through loan repayments by customers; repayment of placements; sale of vehicles; liquidation of bonds; and from...

How OPEC Agreed A 1.2Mbpd Production Cut

After months of wheeling and dealing, the member nations of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) have finally agreed an average drop in production level of 1.2 million barrels per day, effective January. The agreement exempted Nigeria and Libya, but gave Iraq its first quotas since the 1990s, Bloomberg reports. Iran seems to be the greatest winner, as OPEC agreed for the country to raise output to about 3.8 million barrels a day as the country sought special treatment as it recovers from sanctions. However, Iraq OPEC’s second-largest producer, agreed to cut by 210,000 barrels a day from October levels despite its previous push for special consideration based on the urgency of its offensive against Islamic State. Saudi Arabia, which raised oil production to a record this year, will reduce output by 486,000 barrels a day to 10.058 million a day. The United Arab Emirates and Kuwait will reduce output by 139,000 barrels a day and 131,000 a day while ...